Life Time Tri is dedicated to growing the sport of triathlon among athletes of all abilities through expert content, a variety of training resources and unique in-race programming designed to lower barriers to entry.
One such barrier is cost. We get it – triathlons are not cheap! To support those in financial need, Life Time Tri is proud to introduce a unique program to ease the possible financial burden – from Lake Michigan to the infamous Escape Island!
Life Time Tri will donate up to 10 individual race entries to the following events in 2018:
- South Beach – April 15, 2018 (application deadline: December 11th, 2017)
- Cap Tex – May 28, 2018 (application deadline: January 22nd, 2018)
- New York City – July 1, 2018 (application deadline: February 22nd, 2018)
- Minneapolis – July 14, 2018 (application deadline: March 7th, 2018)
- Chicago – August 26, 2018 (application deadline: April 19th, 2018)
- Tempe – September 16, 2018 (application deadline: May 9th, 2018)
- Escape to Miami – September 30, 2018 (application deadline: May 23rd, 2018)
How Do I Qualify?
Since this is an opt-in scholarship, individuals may elect to nominate others, or themselves, by submitting a short essay addressing the question:
“Why triathlon matters to me (or NAME).”
Essays should be a minimum of 250 words and detail the inspiration behind the decision, the challenge at hand and the ultimate goal you/they are looking to achieve when crossing the Finish Line.
A selection committee will review applications and choose the most deserving applicants for each race.
What Happens Next?
Up to 10 individual entry winners will be notified four months prior to each relevant race day and be provided with:
- complimentary entry into one of the above events
- a preliminary, one-on-one coach consultation
- a 12-week training plan and
- a $50 gift card to a local triathlon retailer
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org