Life Time Tri Event Updates-March 19
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the current COVID-19 situation. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, vendors, community and team members is our top priority as we continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation on a global, national, regional and local level.
At this time it is still our goal to host the 2020 Life Time Tri events as planned:
- Minneapolis Triathlon (July 11)
- Verizon New York City Triathlon (July 19)
- cbdMD Chicago Triathlon (August 30).
Our team is constantly monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local government. We have determined that it is too early to make any decision regarding canceling or rescheduling. However, we also realize that many of our athletes, spectators, and sponsors travel in from out of town. Therefore, if a decision is made to reschedule or cancel an event, please know that we will update you with as much advance notice as is possible.
Now more than ever, we encourage you to continue prioritizing your own health and well-being. The CDC and World Health Organization are asking everyone to also prioritize good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently, and for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water to protect yourself and others from germs
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Keep your hands away from your face, because germs routinely spread when a person touches something contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth
- Practice social-distancing as much as possible, following regularly updated guidelines from local authorities
Moving forward, we are committed to monitoring this situation, continuing open communication, and doing our part to keep communities safe. It is our goal to continue to offer you an amazing event experience.
While we know these are challenging and uncertain times, we encourage our athletes to harness their passion and skills to make decisions that help us all find normalcy both in our day-to-day lives and within our triathlon community. While this situation is dynamic, and can be overwhelming, remember that your fitness goals can still remain a priority. Stay tuned as we work to provide ways we can all stay motivated and connected.
We want nothing more than to see our way through this difficult moment – and welcome you at the start line this summer!
Thank you for your continued support. Never stop Tri’ing!