5-Ingredient Triathlon Nutrition: Recovery Meal
With only 5 ingredients you can create this quick and delicious recovery meal.
Triathlon nutrition doesn’t have to be complicated. Whip up this quick and easy recovery meal to refuel your body with the right balance of macros, plus other important nutrients you need to recover.
- Why? A “complete protein,” eggs contain all of the essential amino acids (protein building blocks) to help rebuild protein stores after a long workout. Plus, they’re a great source of fat.
- Sautéed spinach
- Why? Spinach has power antioxidants vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene.
- Black beans
- Why? Black beans provide fiber, protein, and quality carbohydrate.
- Why? Avocado is a great source of unsaturated heart-healthy fat! And is there really any meal it doesn’t improve?
- Fruit salad
- Why? Fruit is loaded with vitamins (antioxidants) and quality carbohydrate to replenish glycogen stores.
Brooke Schohl, MS, RD, CSSD, METS Level II is a registered sports dietitian and the owner of Fuel to the Finish Endurance Nutrition Coaching in Scottsdale, Arizona. She is an avid triathlete, having completed many triathlons of all distances, including three IRONMAN races. She integrates that personal experience and knowledge into developing customized, sport-specific, metabolically efficient fueling plans for her clients. Brooke and her husband, John, own Destination Kona Triathlon Store in South Scottsdale, Arizona. For more information on services and offerings, visit her website.